From burst pipes to leaking faucets and flooding, residential water damage is one of the most common and potentially destructive problems you can deal with being a homeowner. If excess water is not dealt with immediately, your home can promote electrical hazards causing expensive damage to your home’s structure, furnishings, and not to mention, lead to the growth of hazardous mold. When the worst happens, call the experts at ServiceMaster Restore.
With just one call, we’re at your side providing expert guidance on what to do and the experience needed to fix the problem correctly and efficiently.
What is water mitigation?
Water mitigation is the process of reducing or preventing the amount of water damage that happens after a flood, a leaking roof or any number of water-related reasons. By taking fast action, you can prevent additional damage and costs.
Count on the experts at ServiceMaster Restore for:
24/7/365 Response – 365 days a year, day or night – we respond quickly to get your life back to normal as soon as we possibly can.
Industry Leadership – ServiceMaster Restore has set the water damage services standard for more than 60 years.
Best-of-Class Methods – Our processes exceeds industry standards. We go above and beyond every time.
Advanced Technology – We only use the best, state-of-the-art products ensuring your home the best results.
Insurance Capabilities – We have a long history of offering comprehensive water mitigation services and work with your insurance company to help get your claims processed as quickly as possible.
IICRC Standards – ServiceMaster Restore works with the IICRC to set the standards by which the industry operates.
DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DO NEXT? WE DO.
• We’re ready to restore your home following any disaster
• 24/7 trained and well-equipped experts respond to your needs
• With you as our priority, we say what we do and do what we say
What are the causes of water damage?
Residential water damage happens for a variety of reasons, including:
• Plumbing leaks
• Burst or broken pipes and hoses
• A clogged toilet
• Moisture behind walls
• A leaking roof
• Foundation cracks
What to do if you’re in the middle of a loss
• Damage from water and bacteria growth can begin within hours. Call for professional help.
• Remove as much water as possible by mopping and blotting.
• Remove wet area rugs or other floor coverings not permanently attached. Do not attempt to remove carpet
• Lift draperies off the floor, loop through a coat hanger and place the hanger on the drapery rod
• Wipe furniture, prop up wet furniture cushions for even drying and place aluminum foil under furniture legs
• Move photos, painting and art objects to a safe, dry location
• Keep books on shelves. Pack them tightly to prevent warping of pages until we arrive.
• Open drawers, closets and cabinet doors to enhance drying
What not to do
• Do not enter a room with standing water until electricity has been turned off
• Do not use a regular household vacuum to remove water
• Do not lift tacked-down carpet without professional help
• Do not use electrical appliances while on wet carpet or flooring
• Do not disturb visible mold
• Do not remove books from shelves
Removing the water and the worry
With rapid response, your floors, walls, and priceless possessions can often be preserved and restored. Our certified technicians come to your home backed by decades of field experience, along with proven water remediation techniques – perfected in our own one-of-a-kind test house – to remove moisture and promote effective drying. From start to finish, we’re with you at every step, until the last piece of furniture has been put back in place and you’re safely back in you home made sound again.
For FAQs, click here.
ServiceMaster Restore by Restoration Pros provides Residential Water Damage cleanup and Restoration Services to Thousand Oaks CA, Newbury Park CA, Ventura CA, Camarillo CA, Oxnard CA, Simi Valley CA, Moorpark CA and all of Ventura and Los Angeles Counties.